Looking for some ways to spruce up your home, quickly? As we move into fall, do-it-yourself season is in full swing as everyone scrambles to finish up before the snow flies.
Spruce things up in minutes
Looking for some ways to spruce up your home, quickly? As we move into fall, do-it-yourself season is in full swing as everyone scrambles to finish up before the snow flies. If you’ve skipped the major do-it-yourself projects this year, chances are your interior decor could benefit from a little touch here and there. Short on time and energy? Better things to do?
No problem! How about some quick and painless projects and ideas, to get things tidied up? Take a look at our list:
- Set a budget and stick to it! You can’t keep it within the limits if you don’t set any!
- Clear up all the clutter—think purge. Getting rid of everything you don’t need or want is a great place to start fresh.
- Start by cleaning your house! Vacuum and wash the floors, dust and wipe clean any wooden furniture like dressers, tables and bunk beds.
- Open up your windows. Let the light in. Natural light will instantly freshen up the darkest of rooms.
- Rearrange what you have. Don’t have a big budget? That’s fine. Shake up your rooms by moving your furniture into different places.
- Create a focal point in your room. This could be anything from a beloved piece of art to your luxurious loft bed.
- When decorating with multiple pieces, arrange them in odd numbered groupings. Like groups of 3 or 7.
- Rotate seasonal decor. Things like pillows, art, lamps and bedding can all be rotated to add a seasonal touch to your rooms.
- Switch up your furniture between rooms. Swap beds and dressers between rooms, or night tables or bookshelves from room to room.
- Put on a new coat of paint!
- Create a feature wall with a fun faux paint technique.
- Recycle and repurpose items in your home. Paint old wooden furniture or decorative pieces and give others away.
- Use neutral colors to make your decor last throughout the years. Use trendier colors if you want trendy.
- Don’t have time to paint the whole room? Touch up your trim with a fresh coat of paint.
- Replace your old bedroom furniture! Choose some fun and funky loft beds, tent beds, or bunk beds and get cozied up for fall!
Bolton Furniture has several lines of beautiful bedroom furniture to choose from. From bunk beds and children’s tent beds, to stylish and elegant beds for adults, we’ve built up a fine selection to choose from. You’d be surprised how much fun a new set of bedroom furniture can be!